Choosing Your Major
Exploring new ideas and options is an important part of any university education. That's why King's offers the opportunity to investigate a wide variety of disciplines in the first year of study. Before you begin the exciting journey of discovery that is university education, you do need to make some initial decisions. Here are some tips on choosing a major that's right for you.
- Narrow your choice down by choosing what kinds of degree you would like to pursue? Are you interested in Business, Music, Arts, Science or an after-degree in Education?
- Research which majors/minors are available. Knowing what your options are will help you to make the right choice.
- Choose a major that you find interesting and exciting
- Think about what your strengths are and how they relate to your interests.
- Talk to others about major and career options.
- If you are deciding between two majors, choose one as your major and one as your minor.
- Talk to our Admission Counsellors. They can help students make choices and explain some of the new programs available.